- Special Districts
- District & Customer Responsibilities
District & Customer Responsibilities
Water District Responsibilities
- Conduct all tests required by the New York State Department of Health and Putnam County Health Department in order to provide safe drinking water.
- Notify the customer in advance of any scheduled service interruptions.
- Notify the customer of potential water shortages and provide guidelines and regulations for conservation.
- Make emergency repairs to the water plant and distribution system as promptly as possible.
- Water metering equipment is owned and maintained by the water district. If you need to disconnect the internal meter or exterior remote for plumbing or siding work, please notify us.
- Be aware of the location of your curb valve (the shut-off valve located at the street/property line) and the location of your inside shut-off valve which should be located adjacent to your internal water meter.
- Protect the internal meter from freezing if your meter is located in an unheated garage or crawl space.
- Report damage to meters, leaks in your service line, or apparent leaks in the street immediately.
- Do not tamper with meters or meter seals.
- Notify the water department when new home siding is to be installed. The outside meter remote will be removed and replaced by water department personnel at no charge to the homeowner.
- Take ownership and be responsible for the service line from the curb valve to the house.
All bills are payable when received and must be paid by the due date to avoid a 5% late charge. The account is delinquent after a 30-day grace period. The customer will be billed for water fees and usage charges on a quarterly basis in January, April, July, and October.